Starting a business is the realization of a longtime dream. From the moment that an entrepreneur decides to turn an idea into reality, decisions are made that have enduring legal consequences. Clemens, Walters, Conlon, Runde & Hiatt, L.L.P. will provide a high level of personalized services to both you and your business as your multiple legal needs are identified and satisfied. We represent entrepreneurs, start-ups, emerging companies, established companies, business owners and not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries. We recognize that factors affecting a business can change daily or at a moment’s notice, thus requiring immediate attention, while certain other matters may require months of strategic planning. No matter what stage of the business life cycle your company is at, we can assist in meeting its and your needs. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on business entity formation options and capital structure. We assist in determining if you and your business are best served by establishing a corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, partnership, sole proprietorship or S corporation;
- Drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements;
- Advising on various types of financing arrangements;
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating basic to complex contracts for a wide variety of business transactions, to include, but not be limited to: employment contracts, non-compete agreements, independent contractor contracts, commercial leases, real estate transactions, subcontractor agreements, purchase or sale of a business, creditor’s rights;
- Providing counsel on employment matters from the initial employment application process, the extension of an employment offer and the final termination of an employment relationship;
- Advising on compliance with various matters of corporate governance;
- Structuring mergers, acquisitions and other types of business combinations; and
- Advising and assisting with the sale or dissolution of an entity.
We handle legal issues that affect businesses from business formation to sale or dissolution and all types of matters encountered in the day-to-day operation of a business. We understand that there are risks involved in business endeavors and investments. Our job is to work with you to minimize the risks while you focus on maximizing your business growth. Our emphasis is on clear and concise communication, both with our client and in assisting our client in extending that clear and concise communication to its employees, customers, vendors and others with whom they interact with on a daily basis so as to ensure that the expectations of all parties are at all times consistent. Hard work and dedication have gone into the opening of your business. The attorneys at Clemens, Walters, Conlon, Runde & Hiatt, L.L.P. will apply the same work ethic and attention to the services that we provide to you and your business.